Monday, October 09, 2006

This is my First Blog on blogger.com. My name's Brian, nice to meet you. Thanks for reading my blog. Not much here, for the 1st round, but more to come I'm sure.

Real quick background on me and my family:

We're a family of four: Brian, Tressa, Breanna, and Logan.

Tressa, my beautiful wife is a great Accountant working in a Construction office on land acquisitions, payroll, and HR/401K issues......you've got a problem, she can solve it. She's the house/meal organizer. ;) She's a gourmet cook (and should be hired for her talents in the kitchen). Every meal, and I mean EVERY MEAL, is amazing. Whether it's the simplest things thrown together, or a fancy Filet Mignon, filled with bleu cheese, and wrapped with bacon, she's your gal. She is my Best Friend, a wonderful, caring, and self-sacrificing and loving person I have ever known (next to my own Mother) . . . but she's in the # 1 spot. :)

Breanna is my five year old daughter. She is amazing, talks with the utmost clarity (even though she's working on her grammar) and is a constant babbler of all things: be it clear or dis-combobulated gibberish. Her facial expressions are the best part of her energetic personality. She's always hopping around the house, tip-toe jumping cause she's excited or jumping onto the couch to watch her favorite cartoons (which are Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, and Fairly Odd Parents).

Logan is our 2 year old. He's a rowdy little bugger. Loves to throw toys, well, he loves to throw anything, and HARD!!!! He throws hard and fast for a two year old. He's rugged and strong . . . throws himselft on the couch or bed like a Tonka-Truck Rocket (if you can imagine such a vehicle)!!!! He loves to be whipped upside down and swung around, he'll smile and laugh for a minute or two, then he's like, "Yo, put me down so I can play and run, butt-munch!" LOL!!! He's started talking about 6 months ago, and has two and three word phrases down now....his vocabular is exploding!

And then there's Me. Better known as Daddy! I'm an SJSU Graduate, Criminal Justice was my major--great field. I'm currently working in Information Technology as a PC/UNIX Sys Admin & Data Center Operations Engineer (aka: DCO). Some day I'll be porting over my IT and Criminal Justice knowledge to a Sheriff's Office or City/State Police Department, Coast Guard services, etc, etc. I'm into the usual guy stuff: Computer games, music (love anything from Classical to Heavy Metal bands), movies, anything to do with Jet Fighters and air-shows, cars, home-theater equipment, collecting comic figures and sculptures (I'm a huge fan of Marvel & DC comics and tons of Anime films as well).

OK, there's the "some of the" background. I'll write more I'm sure . . . but alas, the machine calls me back to work....and as Pink Floyd says, "Welcome my son, welcome, to the machine!" ;)

-Brian


2nd Post

3:20pm, October 9, 2006

Brian's Parents - Los Locos de Sunnyvale :-)

My first 10 years were spent in Cupertino, CA. I had a great childhood. My Mom was a housewife (I think they're called homemakers now, or home-wreckers if the bitches cheated on their husbands) LOL!!!! But I digress.....

My Mom:

She was a great teacher and caregiver. She was loving and supportive all my years and continues to be what I'd like myself to be and my wife to be as far as a model "For All That is Good." She was definitely "Suzy Homemaker"....always had the house clean, laundry done, and lunch and dinner on the table at 12:00pm and 5:30pm on the nose when Dad got home from work. The best thing about my Mom, she always had a smile on her face and whether silly or serious could always make me laugh. My Mom would do anything for Dad and I, and her love is only limited to what your heart may desire (she's that good :) To this day, I can't thank my Mom or Dad enough for adding patience, courtesy, understanding, communicating, loving, and an amazing sense of humor to my character. I laugh, have fun, and joke around every day to bring humor into my life and others....it's one of the things that people like most about me. I've been told I'm very personable and hilarious to hang out with. Thanks, Mom & Dad!

My Dad:

The Cable Guy, his early career made him a great cook. He was a chef at El Camino Hospital, and damn can this man cook a mean cheeseburger, steak, hotdog, chicken, etc, on that grill ! ! ! He's got a sick sense of humor, hehehehehe, that's where I get my twistedness from, a man of few words, but of integrity and caring. His heart is HUGE!!! He has made many sacrifices for Mom and I and beared a load not many men would care to bear. But he's done it in style, and without skipping a beat in his step....even though it may have been hard at times, Dad pulls through, and he does it with a smile. Why you may ask? "Cause he's the Dad."

Dad, thank you for everything you've done for me. You put up with me in High School, even though I didn't want to mow the lawns or work with you on landscaping in the back yard, or whatever! Then you got me through college at SJSU and through lots of other hardships, and I am grateful. I'll pay you back slowly and through our one-on-one counseling sessions when I'm driving our Camry or Sienna, transporting you to who know's where, so you may confess your Sins, My Son. LOL!!!!! ;)

OK, there's the latest novel. More to come . . . ohhh, Dad, "I FOUND YOUR Harmon Kardon!" ;) NOT!!!! Glad it's back in your stereo cabinet. Long live H/K.

-Brian

No comments: