Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Wednesday, 5-7-08, 2:45am

HOLY S**T ! ! ! I will never buy another Sony TV for as long as I live. :) Which is sort of unfortunate for Sony, because I've always loved their TV's. I saw a 57" Samsung yesterday at Circuit City that was simply put: Amazing.

The TV was not one of the "latest and greatest" sets, but it was about 7 or 8 months old. The nice feature that set it apart was the 120 Hz feature (which supposedly smooths out any jagged lines or blocky frames that come in on your HDTV converter or DirecTV box. The colors were crisp and sharp as can be, and it was nice, because I was comparing it to it's little brother, a "standard" Samsung LCD TV right next to it (that unit was also not the latest and greatest, but it was cool to see just what the 120 Hz feature does for you). That's my next TV if I ever upgrade.

Yeah, right. Who am I kidding, I need to pay off my loan that my Dad gave me, then I can buy a TV, so that'll be some time in 2057. ;)

I was also checking out the Canon SD 1000 IS, the "I.S." is for image stabilization for those of you with shaky hands, it auto-corrects this and takes a great still image pic.

Breanna took her awesome "School Pictures" yesterday, damn she's a cutie. Six years old going on 13 ! ! ! Logan's pics are next week, 3.75 years old and he's built like a six year old ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :)

We're going to be putting them both in Public School soon. Not soon enough if you ask me, but soon. SCS is a great school, but it's just too expensive. :(

OK, I'm tired, I just updated a couple CCT cases (logged in to work from home) and now I'm going back to sleep. I hate being on-call ! ! ! But hey, it's nice to get a few dollars on the check from a week's worth of being on stand-by.

More to come . . .

-BV

No comments: